Saturday, December 10, 2005

Now I'm feeling like I'm not crazy. But I'm sure it will pass.

Mini-Aran #1,000,000,000,000,000,000 (or 8, whatever) takes a shvitz on the radiator:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And my Brand Spankin' New Dining Room Table (i.e. that which makes us truly Grown Up) models the body of the Hawk, which is about halfway to the 'pits.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Two days, two skeins of Lamb's Pride Bulky. This make me feel good about things, because theoretically by the end of the weekend I can be done with the body and start on the raglan shaping. Which, it occurred to me only last night, can't be done in the round as I planned, because the sleeves and body are diffferenc colors.

I am a knitting genius.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Sweet dining table!!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful table. Glad to see you're finally acquiring some furniture.

2:58 PM  
Blogger The Stitchin' Sheep said...

Just so you know, it can be done. Not that it should, but I'm doing it. Just started tonight. My mess is a cardigan knit all in one piece so I can avoid sewing. Is it worth the 5 (yes, five) balls of yarn I've got hanging from the neck?? I just keep telling myself when I hit the armpits, I'll be home free (I'm doing top down). We'll see if I go insane before I ever get there.

6:26 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

I love the grown-up table. Watch out, now you may have to have dinner parties and whatnot!

I hate to admit it, but I fear the snow weasel. It seems akin to the dreaded squirrel. I didn't know they existed before tonight. Do they live in NY? Am I safe? They may be cute from a distance but I do not want one near my boot.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Yup, a cardi with different colored sleeves works, because you're turning the work at the division in the front. For a pullover, you'd have to cut a separate strand of yarn for each of the sleeves on each round (unless I am totally missing something here), which in my book is far more trouble than just seaming the darn thing.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

Wow, beautiful dining room set! Ah, the things I have to look forward to when I finally get out of here...grown-up furniture! Maybe even before I hit 40!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous table! Mr Moe and I are still living like a couple of frat boys until some debt gets paid off....Mattress/boxspring on the floor and it pretty much looks like the ikea catalogue from 2004 threw up in our house.

9:49 AM  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

Love the table! And the tiny sweaters!

I think I want a snow weasel for Christmas...

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home