Sunday, December 04, 2005

I think I can, I think I can...

First the good news: On Friday night I parked my ass in front of the TV, and a few What Not To Wears and some Law and Orders later, I had a whole entire sleeve:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Whee! I do love you, bulky yarn, I do! As you can see, I went with the majority opinion and did straight stockinette, so the only things I had to stop and think about ever were the increases. A no-brainer.

The not-so-good news: I have to frog the whole thing because it is too small. Which is what I deserve, pretty much, because I swatched and blocked, sat down, did the maths, cast on the first version of this sleeve, ripped it out because I thought it looked too big, and then cast on this version. Which, as previously stated, is too small. Lesson: Trust the maths, even though they are your enemy.

So, a-frogging I will go, but this whole experience is giving me pause with the stockinette idea, because won't ribbing give more flexibility in the fit? Hmm hmm hmm--I'm on the fence again.

Anyway, I also have gotten about 2 feet of my sister's My So-Called Scarf done, and it is going to be a hard one to give away.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Manos 113. Soooo pretty.

4 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

I guess the maths are secretly our friends. So why can't they play nicer?

I think the ribbing will give you more flexibility...but if the maths are now correct, do you need it?

And the Manos...so, soooo pretty!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

If it weren't for the tivo'ed Law & Order, I don't know what I would knit to. L&O is the very best knitting show. And, What Not to Wear is a close second.

1:46 AM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

Thats exactly how I spent my Friday night - and I live in fear that my family is going to put me on What Not to Wear!

11:22 AM  
Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Oh that Manos...drool!! The stitch pattern really shows off the beautiful colors and skinny/wide yarn. Gorgeous - I would love to receive that as a gift - lucky sister you've got!

I would probably do ribbing on the sleeves of the sweater - gives you more leeway in the maths I would think but either way will look great I'm sure... :-)

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home